TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and has been successfully used for many years by pregnant women and professional midwives to combat labour pains as well as discomfort often experienced before and after labour.
• Safe for baby
• Drug free pain control
• Instant long lasting pain relief
• No side effects or drowsiness
• Control is at your fingertips with the boost button
• Can be used at home from the onset of contractions
• Can be used with other methods/drugs
• Safe and easy to use at home or in the hospital
• Proven up to 90% effective for reducing labour pain
• Non -invasive allowing women the freedom to move and walk about
As the TENS machine is providing the electrical impulses, the body releases endorphins (Natural Pain Killers). These endorphins block out pain messages to the brain, which in turn provides an alternative focus providing a sense of control over contraction pain.
• It releases endorphins (natural pain killers)
• Uses the gate control pain theory (blocks out pain messages to the brain)
• It gives an alternative focus and provides a sense of control over contraction pain
The TENS emits a pleasant tingling sensation on the skin where the pads are placed; the intensity is fully adjustable by the user.
The use of the Elle TENS during early labour releases endorphins throughout labour. It is recommended to start using the TENS machine at the onset of contractions whether you are at home or hospital.
The Elle Tens machine should be used for a minimum of 60 minutes and can be used as long as desired during labour.
Yes, TENS machines are specifically designed for labour. It has been professionally researched, tried and tested. The Elle TENS Machine is safe to use with other pain medications. It is not to be used over broken or desensitized skin. It is not safe for use in water or if you have a pacemaker. Please discuss use with your Doctor or Midwife if you have epilepsy or want to use the Elle TENS prior to 37 weeks.
The Elle TENS machine is a great natural way of coping with labour pain. It is complimentary with medical pain relief options as well.
• 5 weeks rental of an Elle TENS machine
• 4 large self-adhesive electrodes
• 2 leads and 1 spare
• Carrying pouch
• User instructions
• Book guide for use during labour and in the post-partum period
• Arrangements for pick up and or drop off can be arranged